Honolulu, Jul 1 (AP/UNB) — About 500 people watched from the shore and the waters off a beach as family and friends held a memorial service to say goodbye to reality-TV star Beth Chapman, who rose to fame as the wife of "Dog the Bounty Hunter," the Honolulu Star Advertiser reports.
The service was held Saturday at Fort DeRussy Beach Park in Waikiki, the newspaper says.
Chapman, 51, died Wednesday at Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu after an almost 2-year battle with cancer.
The Star-Advertiser says that after a short prayer circle on a grassy stretch at Fort DeRussy Beach Park, a flotilla of outrigger canoes, stand-up paddle boarders, surfers and several large boats, including a catamaran, headed out in tribute. They were later joined by her husband Duane "Dog" Chapman and other family members.
Los Angeles, Jul 1 (AP/UNB) — Taylor Swift is not staying silent over the sale of her masters to Scooter Braun.
In a scathing Tumblr post Sunday, the pop superstar writes she is sad and grossed out that her music catalog now belongs to Braun, whom she accuses of subjecting her to years of incessant and manipulative bullying, referencing clashes with Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
"This is my worst case scenario," Swift writes.
Braun's Ithaca Holdings announced Sunday that it is acquiring Big Machine Label Group, which released all of Swift's studio albums and owns her masters. Swift says she learned of the sale Sunday.
Swift left Big Machine and signed with Universal Music Group in November because she says she knew that re-signing with the group that had managed her since she was 15 would only result in her not owning her future work.
"When I left my masters in (Big Machine Label Group founder Scott Borchetta's) hands, I made peace with the fact that eventually he would sell them," she writes. "Never in my worst nightmares did I imagine the buyer would be Scooter."
Braun, she alleges, got two clients, including Justin Bieber, to bully her online about a leaked and illegally recorded snippet of a phone call she had with Kardashian. She also references when West, a Braun client, organized a "revenge porn music video which strips my body naked."
She writes that now Braun has "stripped her" of her life's work that she "wasn't given an opportunity to buy."
"My musical legacy is about to lie in the hands of someone who tried to dismantle it," she writes.
Representatives for Braun and Borchetta did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Bieber responded in an Instagram post late Sunday apologizing for hurting her at the time, and also defending Braun who he says, "didn't have anything to do with it" and has her back.
"For you to take it to social media and get people to hate on (S)cooter isn't fair," Bieber wrote.
Braun's wife, Yael Cohen, also chimed in on Instagram refuting Swift's claim that she found out the news with the rest of the world.
"Your dad is a shareholder and was notified and Borchetta personally told you before this came out," Cohen alleges. "My husband is anything but a Bully."
A representative for Swift did not immediately respond to request for comment to Cohen's post.
Swift ended her post looking to the future and says she thankfully "signed to a label that believes I should own anything I create."
She also advocates for artist ownership of songs and hopes that the next generation will "read this and learn about how to better protect themselves in a negotiation."
"I will always be proud of my past work," she added, making sure to also plug her new album, "Lover" which will be released on Aug. 23.
Dhaka, June 30 (UNB)- American channel Showtime will on June 30 start airing Russell Crowe’s show The Loudest Voice, which will stream a day later on Hotstar. The show is based on the book called The Loudest Voice in the Room: How the Brilliant, Bombastic Roger Ailes Built Fox News – and Divided a Country by Gabriel Sherman. Here’s everything we know about it so far, reports The Indian Express.
The Loudest Voice will revolve around Roger Ailes, who was once upon a time the President of the Fox News Channel and who reportedly helped shape the rise of current US President Donald Trump. The trailer of the show was shared by Showtime with a description that read, “This seven-part limited series is about Roger Ailes, the founder of Fox News. It focuses on the past decade in which Ailes arguably became the Republican Party’s de facto leader, and the sexual harassment accusations that brought his career to an end.”
Perhaps one of the main attractions of The Loudest Voice is its star-studded cast. The show features Russell Crowe as Roger Ailes, Naomi Watts, Sienna Miller and Seth MacFarlane among others in significant parts.
The Loudest Voice will attempt to showcase the years when Roger had more or less become the unofficial main man of the Republican Party. It will also shed light on the multiple sexual harassment cases against him which ultimately resulted in his downfall.
The takeaway from the show according to Russell Crowe
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Russell Crowe, who portrays Roger Ailes, said, “Look, I’ve been very open about this stuff with different directors and with Alex (Metcalf, the series’ showrunner) and the other writers. It’s like, this can’t be pre-decided, you know what I mean? It’s living history, so we’ve got a certain responsibility. And sometimes you fall into the trap of, when you know the outcome, bending everything to the outcome. But nobody in the course of this knew the outcome, so you’ve gotta clean your own slate a little bit and be very fresh about how you see things.”
“What I want people to get out of it is that I want it to be new because they don’t really know. They know the name and they know the [politics] but they don’t know the man. They don’t know his history and how it all went — most don’t even know what he looks or sounds like,” the actor added.
Dhaka, June 30 (UNB) - Marvel Studios has re-released Avengers: Endgame in select North American theaters. It is not known if the film will be re-released in other countries as well. It is being said that one of the reasons to release the movie again may be to get Endgame past Avatar at the global box office, but it is not the only motive, reports The Indian Express.
The other and probably the biggest motive is to promote Spider-Man: Far From Home, the upcoming MCU film and the first after Endgame.
To attract the moviegoers who have already seen the movie, Marvel has thrown in a few short scenes. This includes a deleted scene, a tribute to Stan Lee and a scene from Far From Home. Now since the re-release has screened in North America, details as to the exact content of those scenes are out.
According to Screenrant, the scene begins with the Stan Lee tribute. The footage is not new and has been cut by taking clips from the Marvel legend shooting his famous cameos in dozens of Marvel films over the years. It ends with the text, “Stan, we love you 3000,” which is a callback from a line spoken in the film.
The next scene is the deleted scene, which involves the Hulk. Mark Ruffalo’s character merged with his alter-ego Bruce Banner to create the perfectly balanced creature with brains of Banner and brawn of the Hulk. It is similar in many ways to Professor Hulk from the comics, but is not exactly that. The scene is what could have been the intro of the Banner/Hulk in the movie.
He is rescuing citizens from a burning building and seems to share an easy relationship with the fire-fighters. This would have been impossible with the older, angrier Hulk. The scene, as Marvel said, is unfinished. The lips of the Hulk do not move at all when he talks.
He receives a phone call and answers. The scene ends with him saying, “Steve who?”, certainly referring to Steve Rogers who calls him for a meeting with Natasha and Scott Lang.
The final scene is from Far From Home. Nick Fury and Maria Hill are at a remote town in Mexico. Apparently, Nick has learned of a cyclone with a face (perhaps an Elemental) destroying people and property, though Hill is unconvinced. Jake Gyllenhaal’s Mysterio arrives and warns Fury and Hill that they do not want anything to do with the monster. The scene ends when they hear movement and turn to face the Elemental.
Spider-Man: Far From Home releases on July 4 in India, and on July 5 worldwide.
Dhaka, June 30 (UNB) - Star Wars star Daisy Ridley says she has decided to not return to any of the social media platforms, reports The Indian Express.
The actor, 27, quit Instagram in 2016, following the abuse she received on her tribute post for the victims of gun violence in the US, and Facebook shortly afterwards.
“Cut off like a Skywalker limb. Also, when I want to see what my pals are up to, you can just Google it and go to Instagram,” Ridley told BuzzFeed News when asked if she would like to return to the photo-video sharing website.
The actor believes platforms like Twitter have allowed people a huge platform to air negative views.
“I honestly think now with social media and stuff… It’s great to have freedom of expression, but I do feel like people think opinions have so much weight.
“I don’t really think bad vibes should have the sun shone on them. Like, I don’t want to read your thing,” she said.
Ridley added that while social media is useful, “especially in places where terrible things are happening and they’re cutting off information”, she is not a fan of any of the platforms.