Savar, June 13 (UNB) – Two workers died after inhaling toxic gas inside a septic tank at Majidpur in Savar municipality area on Thursday.
The identities of the deceased could not be known yet.
Witnesses said five construction workers were working in an under-construction building of one Jahangir Alam.
At one stage, a worker fell into the septic tank while lifting a bamboo from it in the morning. Later, another worker fell into it while trying to save the previous one.
On information, a firefighting unit went to the spot and recovered their bodies of from the septic tank.
Police sent the bodies to hospital morgue for autopsy.
A case was filed with Savar Model Police Station.