An elderly man and his son were electrocuted at Miajanpur village in Charfasson upazila here on Sunday.
The deceased were identified as Abdul Khaleque Sardar, 70, and his son Abdul Goni, 35.
Relatives said the incident took place in the evening when the duo went to switch an irrigation pump. At one stage, they both came in touch with a leaked wire.
Being rescued by locals, they were rushed to Upazila Health Complex where doctors pronounced them dead, said Shamsul Arefin, officer-in-charge of Charfasson Police Station.