Dhaka, July 20 (UNB) – Two employees of a fast-food outlet sustained burns in Shonirakhra after the air-conditioner of the shop exploded on Saturday.
Locals rescued Md Saiful Islam, 21, and Md Imran, 20, around 10am and took them to Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
Burn unit’s Dr Partha Sanker Pal said Saiful and Imran suffered 70 percent and 30 percent burns respectively. Their windpipes were also damaged.
Duty Officer of Fire Service headquarters Luma Khandker said the victims worked at ‘Bergaro’ at Goalbari intersection. “They were injured when the AC exploded,” Luma said.
Imran said they smelled something burning after opening the shop and then there was a loud explosion.