Riyadh, Dec 17 (AP/UNB) — Saudi Arabia says it rejects last week's U.S. Senate resolution that put the blame for the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi squarely on Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
The statement from the kingdom is an unusually strong rebuke of the Senate. Saudi Arabia said the resolution "contained blatant interferences" in its internal affairs and undermines its regional and international role.
The kingdom has denied the crown prince was involved in Khashoggi's killing in October inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul, masterminded by top Saudi agents close to Prince Mohammed.
The statement early Monday says the kingdom "categorically rejects any interference in its internal affairs, any and all accusations, in any manner, that disrespect its leadership... and any attempts to undermine its sovereignty or diminish its stature."