Los Angeles, Dec 27 (AP/UNB) — Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth appear to have tied the knot amid reports the couple got married in a secret wedding ceremony.
Cyrus posted three black-and-white photos of her and Hemsworth on the singer's Instagram and Twitter accounts on Wednesday. She captioned her photos writing "10 years later ..." and "12.23.18," possibly indicating the day they exchanged vows.
The 26-year-old Cyrus shared another photo of her and Hemsworth kissing. He also posted a photo of them with words "My love."
In each picture, Cyrus is dressed in all-white while the 28-year-old actor is wearing a tuxedo with white shoes.
Cyrus and Hemsworth's representatives did not immediately respond to an email requesting comment.
The couple reconnected in 2015 after an on-and-off relationship. They both starred in the 2010 romantic drama "The Last Song."
Dhaka, Dec 26 (UNB) - The exhibition titled "East Coast Group Bangladesh International Salon 2018" organized by ‘Phoenix Photographic Society’ began at La Galerie, Alliance Française de Dhaka.
The inaugural ceremony of the exhibition was held on Wednesday.
Pathbreaking photographer Sayeeda Khanam graced the occasion as the chief guest. Eminent photographer Chanchal Mahmood also attended the event as special guest.
Internationally recognised by organisations like Fédération Internationale de l’Art Photographique (FIAP) and Photographic Society of America (PSA), "East Coast Group Bangladesh International Salon 2018" is a photography contest organised by Phoenix Photographic Society.
The competition will remain open for submissions till November 22, 2018 to photographers of all skill levels and backgrounds. The theme of this event remained open. World renowned photo organization like, FIAP, PSA, GPU, ICS, FI & BPS have participated with their respective patronages.100 awarded images of 100 photographers are in display the exhibition.
A workshop on ‘Basic Photography’ conducted by eminent photographer Rafiqul Islam will be held on Friday.
The exhibition will be open to all till December 28, 2018 at La Galerie, Alliance Française de Dhaka.
Visiting Hours: Monday to Thursday from 3:00pm to 9:00pm, Friday and Saturday (9:00am to12:00 noon and 5:00pm to 8:00pm). Closed on Sunday.
London, Dec 26 (AP/UNB) — Paul McCartney's Christmas message to his fans around the world: Don't be like me and eat and drink too much.
The 76-year-old former Beatle tweeted his lighthearted holiday wishes Tuesday illustrated with photos from his younger days.
He says "don't eat and drink too much! I know I will, but that's no excuse for you" before wishing everyone a good holiday.
He says "I hope you enjoy all your presents and I hope you remember the true meaning of Christmas, which is love and peace and being good to each other."
McCartney briefly reunited with Beatles drummer Ringo Starr at a London concert last week.
Dhaka, Dec 25 (UNB) - Renowned celebrities Nusrat Imrose Tisha and Chanchal Chowdhury are now ambassadors of the ‘Ritu’ project which is working to spread public health awareness on menstruation.
As part of this coalition with Ritu, the actors will be seen in many awareness campaigns under the project.
Recently, the duo worked on a television advertisement for Ritu set to be broadcasted in various national TV channels.
To spread further awareness through print media, they will also be seen in a newspaper ad themed on menstruation topics.
The main aim of the media discourse is to sensitise the public on the subject of menstruation as something ‘normal and natural’.
Since 2016, the Ritu project, funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands, has been working to improve the situation of menstrual health and its management in Bangladesh.
Boston, Dec 25 (AP/UNB) — Kevin Spacey has been charged with groping the 18-year-old son of a Boston TV anchor in 2016 — the first criminal case brought against the Oscar-winning actor since his career collapsed amid a string of sexual misconduct allegations over a year ago.
Spacey, 59, is due in court Jan. 7 on the resort island of Nantucket to be arraigned on a charge of indecent assault and battery, Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O'Keefe said in a statement Monday. Spacey could get up to five years in prison if convicted.
A criminal complaint was issued by a clerk magistrate at a hearing Thursday, O'Keefe said.
Shortly after the charge became public, Spacey posted a video on YouTube titled "Let Me Be Frank," breaking a public silence of more than a year.
In a monologue delivered in the voice of Frank Underwood, his character on Netflix's "House of Cards" who was killed off after the sexual misconduct allegations emerged, he said: "Of course some believed everything and have just been waiting with bated breath to hear me confess it all; they're just dying to have me declare that everything they said is true and I got what I deserved. ... I'm certainly not going to pay the price for the thing I didn't do."
He added, "Soon enough, you will know the full truth." The three-minute video ended with a burst of cliffhanger music.
A spokeswoman for the actor did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.
Former news anchor Heather Unruh came forward in November 2017 to say the actor stuck his hand down the pants of her son, who was 18 at the time, and grabbed his genitals at the Club Car Restaurant on Nantucket in July 2016. Her son fled the restaurant when Spacey went to use the bathroom, Unruh said at the time.
Unruh said her son didn't report the assault right away because he was embarrassed.
"The complainant has shown a tremendous amount of courage in coming forward," Mitchell Garabedian, a lawyer for Unruh's son, said in a statement Monday. "Let the facts be presented, the relevant law applied and a just and fair verdict rendered."
Spacey remains under investigation on suspicion of sexual assault in Los Angeles for an incident that allegedly occurred in 2016. Prosecutors declined to file charges over a 1992 allegation because the statute of limitations had run out.
He has also faced accusations of sexual misconduct from his time as artistic director of London's Old Vic Theatre.
The two-time Oscar winner was among the earliest and biggest names to be ensnared in the #MeToo movement that was sparked by sexual assault and harassment allegations against Hollywood studio boss Harvey Weinstein in October 2017.
His first accuser, actor Anthony Rapp, said Spacey climbed on top of him on a bed when Rapp was 14 and Spacey 26. Spacey said he did not remember such an encounter but apologized if the allegations were true. Spacey also used the statement to disclose he is gay.
Other accusers followed Rapp's lead.
Spacey was subsequently fired from "House of Cards," the political drama in which he starred for five seasons, and his performance as the oil tycoon J. Paul Getty was cut from the completed movie "All the Money in the World" and reshot with actor Christopher Plummer. Some other projects he was involved in were shelved.
The case against Spacey represents a rare criminal prosecution in the #MeToo era. Weinstein is awaiting trial in New York, but many other cases have been too old to prosecute, and some accusers have declined to cooperate with authorities.