Electric metres gutted in series of fires; sabotage suspected
Publish- November 20, 2019, 11:30 PM
Nine electric metres were gutted when a fire broke out in the electric metres at four locations in Bagerhat town.
The fires occurred at the same time within a quarter kilometres area of the town after midnight on Tuesday.
On information, firemen, police and officials of Power Development Board rushed to the spot.
It is being suspected that the metres were torched as sabotage. However, only 9 metres including one of an apartment, two of a business enterprise and one clinic were damaged.
Meanwhile, a kind of fear was created among the power consumers after the incident of fire in the metres.
Three people on behalf of the owners of the damaged metres in the fire incident, lodged general diary at Bagerhat model police station on Wednesday.
OC of Bagerhat model police station informed that police have already started investigation into the incident.
Executive Engineer Monjul Kumar Sarker informed that they presumed someone might have torched the metres at the same time. The fire in the electric metres was not originated due to any short circuit or fault, he added.