Sirajganj, Sept 18 (UNB) – A child died after reportedly falling into an electric trap set for catching foxes at Faridpur village of Salonga upazila here on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Amena Khatun, 5, daughter of Alamin of the village.
Abdul Jabbar, local union parishad chairman, said one Abdus Sattar set an electric trap at his chicken farm in the village to catch foxes on Wednesday.
The accident took place when Amena and another child, who were playing just beside the trap, came in touch with a live wire.
Amena died on the spot while the other girl managed to survive the accident, Jabbar added.