Six members of a family suffered burns after a fire broke out following a leakage in gas cylinder pipe at Dukhiabari village in Sirajganj Sadar Upazila on Sunday night.
The injured are – Sanawar Munshi, 60, son of Saheb Ali, Sanawar’s wife Nilufer Khatun Lily, 55, their son Saidul Islam, 38, his wife Nazira Khatun, 35, their daughter Sumaia Khatun, 2, and Mehedi Hasan, 10.
Manzil Haque, deputy assistant director of Sirajganj Fire Service, said the fire broke out around 7:45am after an explosion as there was a leakage in the gas pipe.
A firefighting team rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire.
The injured were admitted to Sirajganj 250-bed Bongamata Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib General Hospital.