A couple in Khulna were electrocuted to death and their three-year-old child injured in Khulna’s Dumuria upazila on Wednesday afternoon.
The deceased were Abhijit Biswas, 28, of Kulti village and his wife Sundari Biswas, 23.
Confirming the incident, Dumuria Police officer-in-charge (OC) Sheikh Koni Mia said Abhijit and his wife Sundari went to the kitchen around 2.30 pm on Wednesday.
The tin roof and fence of the kitchen were electrified due to a short circuit. The couple was electrocuted when they accidentally touched the fence. And their daughter Aurna was burnt.
Neighbours rushed to the spot, switched off the main switch and took them to Khulna Medical College Hospital where the on-duty doctor declared them dead.
However, the child was out of danger after receiving the necessary treatment.