A day labourer died from electrocution when shifting furniture of a flat in the city’s Khilgaon Taltola area on Saturday. The deceased was identified as Md Ishak Hawlader, 60, son of Mofiz Hawlader, 32 of Billo village under Gouranodi police station in Barisal. He had been residing at Taltola bazar area. Sub-Inspector (SI) Nur E Alam of Khilgaon police station said Ishak got electrocuted around 12:30 pm when he touched an electric wire while shifting furniture from the flat. Co-workers took Ishak Hawler to Mughda Medical College Hospital and then to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where doctors declared him dead around 4:00 pm. The body was at the hospital morgue for autopsy.
Two people died from electrocution in Bandar upazila of Narayanganj on Friday, police said. The deceased were identified as Hridoy ,18, son of Sheikh Sadi of Rampur village of Purbadhala upazila of Netrokona and Hanif ,20, son of Bachchu Mia. Md Shafiq, a co-worker of the victims, said the piling work of an under-building was going on in Madanpur of Narayanganj port. Hridoy and Hanif got a massive electric shock when they came in contact with a live wire while going to start an electric motor at the working site around 7 pm on Friday. Read: Electrocution leaves 3 dead, 3 injured in Kishoreganj They were rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where doctors declared them, Shafiq said. The bodies were kept in the hospital morgue for autopsies, Inspector Bachchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH Police Outpost, said.
Three members of a family including a child were electrocuted in Muradnagar upazila of Cumilla on Saturday. The deceased were identified as Hosne Ara Begum,60, her son Tara Mia,30 and her grandson Rifat Hossain, 8, said Jashim Uddin, a local UP member. Rifat went to collect some vegetabls from a land beside their house at Elkhal village. He got electrocuted when a electric wire connecting Doulatpur with Elakhal fell on him from a pole around 1:30 pm. As his uncle Tara Mia and grandmother Hosne Ara rushed to save him they got electrocuted too, said UP member Jashim Uddin. Read: Father, son die from electrocution in B’baria Later locals informed Doulatpur power office to cut the power connection but they died in the meantime, he said. Kamruzzaman Talukder, officer-in-Charge of Bangra Bazar police station, said the bodies were recovered and legal action will be taken in this regard.
A crane operator was electrocuted to death and his helper sustained injuries while installing an electric pole in the Khamarbari area of Bogura’s Adamdighi upazila on Friday. The deceased was identified as Nazim Uddin, 36, son of Taju Mia from Nemshikali village of Kutubdia upazila under Cox’s Bazar district. According to locals, a group of workers hired by contractor company Nesco Limited had been installing electric poles in various villages of the upazila for a long time. “The accident happened when the crane that Nazim and helper Harunur Rashid were operating came in contact with a live wire during the installation of a pole," said Rezaul Karim, officer-in-charge of Adamdighi police station. Both of them were rushed to Adamdighi Upazila Health Complex where Nazim died of his injuries a little later, he added. "Harun is currently undergoing treatment at the health complex." Read: Father, son die from electrocution in B’baria
Two minor siblings died after being electrocuted on the rooftop of their house in Bagherpara upazila of Jashore district on Friday. The ill-fated deceased identified as 14-year-old Abu Hossain Akash and his five-year-old sister Nusrat, were children of Kabir Hossain of Bhaddradanga village in the upazila. Kabir said that although he and family members came home on Thursday from his resindence in Jashore city. Also read: Sailor dies of electrocution in Natore “They (children) came in contact with a live electric wire connected to a mortgage signboard of a bank from which I took loan for constructing the house,” he said, adding that the accident happened around 11.30am when they were playing on the rooftop. The impact of the electrocution left them critically injured and they were rushed to Upazila Health Complex where physicians pronounced them dead on arrival, said Makbul Hossain, Officer-in-charge of Bagherpara Police Station. Also read: Teenager dies of electrocution in Kishoreganj
A 25-year-old bus helper was electrocuted in front of the central bus terminal mosque in Barishal on Sunday afternoon.The deceased Sajal Fakir was the son of Jahangir Fakir of East Maijpara area of Dasar upazila of Madaripur district.Kamlesh Chandra Halder, officer-in-charge of Barisal Airport Police Station, said that a Sakura Paribahan bus got stuck due to water accumulation at the Central Bus Terminal in Nathullabad.When Sajal tried to lift the bus with a hydraulic jack, he came in contact with a live electric wire and fell unconscious. Read: Tiktoker held under DSA for making ‘derogatory remarks’ on PM, policeHe was rushed to the Barisal Sher-i Bangla Medical College Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.The body was sent to the hospital morgue. A case of unnatural death will be filed in this regard, added the OC.
A 29-year-old sailor, working as a captain in a private ship died of electrocution in Bagatipara upazila of Natore District on Friday noon. The deceased was identified as Akram Hossain Babu, originally from Panchuria village of the upazila. Quoting family members, police said Babu came in contact with a live electric wire while trying to connect the electricity to the water pump. Family members rescued him and took him to the upazila health complex where doctors declared him dead. Bagatipara police station officer-in-charge Sirajul Islam confirmed the matter to UNB. Read: Sole bread earner gone, sailor's family now stares at uncertain future
A teenaged boy died after coming in contact with an electrical line at Panschim Sharifpur village in Kishoreganj's Mithamoin upazila on Tuesday afternoon. The deceased was identified as Babul Mia, 16, son of expatriate Islam Uddin, resident of Saudi Arabia, at Gopdighi union. Quoting locals, police said Babul came in contact with a live electric wire while repairing it. Locals rescued him and sent him to Mithamoin upazila health complex where doctors declared him dead. Read: Ship engine mechanic dies of electrocution in Ctg Mithamoin police station officer-in-charge Kalindra Nath Golder confirmed the matter to UNB.
A college student was electrocuted and his paternal uncle injured at Bhati Langarpara Charband of Shribardi upazila in Sherpur on Sunday. The deceased was identified as Manjurul Islam Manju, 18, son of Monu Miah in the Bhati Langarpara Charband area. He was a second year student of Sherpur Government College while his uncle was Anwar Hussain. Police and family members said Manju and Anwar went to their seedbed to water it by water pump in the area at around 8:00am. Manju got electrocuted while repairing electrical wire of the pump, they said, adding that Anwar was also injured in the accident when he tried to save Manju. Read: 3 electrocuted to death in Chapainawabganj Later, locals rushed them to Shribardi upazila health complex where on-duty doctors pronounced Manju dead. Biplob Kumar Biswas, Officer-in-charge (OC) of Shribardi police station said the victim’s family pleaded for not conducting an autopsy. The OC said they would take measures after discussing with high officials.
A 28-year old mechanic died while repairing the engine of a ship at port city’s Banglabazar Ghat area on Monday. The deceased was identified as Md Imam Hossain, who used to work in a ship named Ot Polycon Pearls and was son of Md Yunus Bhandari from Fatikchari upazila. Also read: Two die from electrocution in waterlogged Chattogram city The incident occurred in the morning as Imam was repairing the engine in the ship and got electrocuted due to negligence, said Sadekur Rahman, Officer-in-Charge of Panchlaish police station. He was taken to Chattogram Medical College and Hospital in a critical condition where the doctor announced him dead on arrival. Also read: 3 brothers’ wives all die of electrocution in N’ganj His body was sent for an autopsy, said the OC.