Dhaka, June 28 (UNB) - Kit Harington has made a handsome donation to a fundraising campaign which was started by the actor’s fans in his honour, reports The Indian Express.
The actor’s followers started the campaign on JustGiving to honour his “dedication and commitment” to Game of Thrones, in which he essayed the role of Jon Snow for over ten years until its finale recently.
The proceeds from the campaign will got to Mencap, a learning disability charity that Harington has been a part of since 2017.
“Kit Harington has given so much to the fans of Game of Thrones over the past decade playing the King in the North, Jon Snow…This fundraiser is here to show Kit that we’re incredibly thankful to him for the sheer amount of love and skill he put into Jon Snow for us to enjoy,” the description on the fundraiser page read.
“To show our gratitude, /r/Freefolk and other fans want to contribute to the charity Mencap, which Kit has been supporting for several years. Mencap supports people with learning disabilities to live independent and fulfilling lives,” it added.
The page had set a 50,000 pound target, and Harington donated 7728.75 pound to help them achieve that goal.
In a message to the fans, Harington said, “To those of you who set this page up in my name and to those of you who contributed and left messages, please accept my deepest and most heartfelt thank you.”
“This donations page lifted my heart and brought tears to my eyes, what a beautiful gift to receive….how generous of all of you,” he added.
The actor, who previously revealed that his cousin suffers from the learning disability, also hailed MenCap.
“Mencap is truly a wonderful charity and the money given here will go to the most incredible cause,” he said.
“With love and respect from beyond the wall…Kit x,” the actor ended his message.
Dhaka, June 28 (UNB) - Avengers: Endgame is all set to re-release in US theaters with “a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises” after the end credit. And, this attempt of Marvel Studios might just bridge the gap between the worldwide box office collection of Endgame and James Cameron’s Avatar, reports The Indian Experess.
The total worldwide box office collection of Endgame now stands at 2.75 billion dollars. Sci-fi drama Avatar earned 2.78 billion dollars during its run time in theaters back in 2009.
Making the announcement about the re-release, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige had said the re-release will have “a bit of a marketing push with a few new things at the end of the movie. If you stay and watch the movie, after the credits, there’ll be a deleted scene, a little tribute, and a few surprises.”
Robert Downey Jr, who plays Iron Man in the movie, is also pumped up about making Avengers: Endgame number one on the box office charts. The actor took to his Twitter handle and shared fan art with the caption, “Wanna make history? The #GAME has yet to #END! Avengers rerelease… #AvengersEndgame #TeamStark special thanx @ogpepper on IG.”
The Russo Brothers helmed Avengers: Endgame was not only a commercial success but also wooed film critics. The Indian Express critic Shalini Langer gave the big MCU finale 4.5 stars and called it the perfect send-off for the original six Avengers.
Dhaka, June 28 (UNB) - Former Guns N’ Roses drummer Steven Adler has reportedly stabbed himself, as per TMZ. The website reports that he was rushed to the hospital after stabbing himself at home, reports The Indian Express.
Adler was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. It is also being reported by TMZ that no one else was involved in the incident.
Steven Adler was fired from Guns N’ Roses in 1990 due to his heroin addiction. He was later inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the band in 2012.
Adler has publicly struggled with drug addiction for many years. The musician also appeared in reality shows Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew and Sober House.
Dhaka, June 28 (UNB) - Madonna has defended a graphic music video depicting a nightclub massacre, saying people need to understand "this is what happens when people shoot".
The pop superstar's song God Control calls for people to "wake up" about the reality of gun violence in the US.
The scenes in the music video recall the 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, Florida, where 49 people were killed.
Pulse survivor Patience Carter said she was "truly disturbed" by the video.
The eight-minute video shows actors playing revellers being shot and lying lifeless and covered in blood in a fictional nightclub called The Globe.
"I couldn't even watch after the first 45 secs @Madonna," Carter wrote on Twitter.
"There are so many creative avenues that could've been taken to bring awareness to gun control. The victims of these mass shootings should always be taken into consideration. I applaud the attempt, but I am truly disturbed."
Another survivor, Brandon Wolf, wrote: "Appreciate the message, but please remember that there are people behind the prop you're using."
The singer told CNN her response to those who had a problem with the graphic violence in the video was that "this is what happens when people shoot".
She told People: "Seeing the reality, and the brutality of things makes you wake up. This is really happening. This is what it looks like. Does it make you feel bad? Good, 'cause then maybe you will do something about it."
She also said gun violence "is the biggest problem in America right now", adding: "I cannot take it any more."
Actor George Takei, who set up the anti-gun group 1Pulse4America after the Orlando tragedy, was among those to praise the singer.
March For Our Lives, the lobby group founded after the 2018 Parkland school shooting, also thanked the pop star.
The Guardian's music editor Ben Beaumont-Thomas said the video would be "very triggering for anyone disturbed by the Pulse nightclub terror attack", but added Madonna was making her voice heard about gun reform "louder and clearer than almost anyone in pop culture".
London, Jun 28 (AP/UNB) — Baby Archie will make his first overseas appearance this fall when parents Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, take him on an official visit to South Africa.
The couple's Instagram account said: "This will be their first official tour as a family." Archie is expected to make the trip when he is about five months old.
Buckingham Palace said Thursday Prince Harry and Meghan will make an official visit to South Africa in the fall and that Harry will continue on to Angola, Malawi and Botswana.
Harry and Meghan's official Instagram account said they "are really looking forward to meeting so many of you on the ground and continuing to raise awareness of the high impact work local communities are doing across the commonwealth and beyond."
The date of the trip hasn't yet been announced.
Harry and his brother Prince William have traveled throughout Africa and both are involved in efforts to protect wildlife there. Harry is also patron to a charity helping children in Lesotho.