New York, Jan 11 (AP/UNB) — Lady Gaga is sorry for her 2013 duet with R. Kelly in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations against the singer, and she intends to remove the song from streaming services.
"What I am hearing about the allegations against R. Kelly is absolutely horrifying and indefensible," she said.
Posting on social media on Wednesday, Gaga wrote that she had collaborated with Kelly on "Do What U Want (With My Body)" during a "dark time" in her life as a victim of sexual assault. She said she should have sought therapy or other help instead.
"I think it's clear how explicitly twisted my thinking was at the time. If I could go back and have a talk with my younger self I'd tell her to go through the therapy I have since then so that I could understand the confused post-traumatic state that I was in," she wrote. "I can't go back, but I can go forward and continue to support women, men, and people of all sexual identities, and of all races, who are victims of sexual assault."
Lifetime's "Surviving R. Kelly" series, which aired this month, has brought renewed attention to the singer's history and allegations that he has sexually abused women and girls. Kelly has denied wrongdoing and in 2008 was acquitted on child pornography charges.
Gaga's collaboration with Kelly had been intensely criticized when it was released, in part because of the allegations against him and because of the sexually charged performances they did on "Saturday Night Live" and the American Music Awards in 2013. The video was directed by famed photographer Terry Richardson, who also had been accused of sexual misconduct; it was never officially released, but depicts Kelly as a doctor ogling a naked Gaga, the patient.
Richardson has denied allegations of misconduct and said any relationships he had with models were consensual.
Los Angeles, Jan 11 (AP/UNB) — An attorney representing two Michael Jackson accusers who appear in an upcoming documentary says their sexual-abuse allegations have not been discredited as the Jackson estate says, and deserve to be heard.
Vince Finaldi, who represents Wade Robson and James Safechuck in lawsuits alleging Jackson molested them, said the suits were dismissed on technical grounds, not the credibility of the men's claims, and they are now under appeal.
"There were never any rulings to the court as to their testimony," Finaldi told The Associated Press Thursday. "We stand by our clients, and we believe them, and we fully expect them to be vindicated."
The stories of Robson and Safechuck, who came forward as adults to say Jackson had sexually abused them for years when they were boys, will be heard again in the two-part, four-hour documentary "Leaving Neverland," which will air on HBO and British public broadcaster Channel 4 in the spring. It premieres Jan. 25 at the Sundance Film Festival, the channels announced Wednesday.
The Jackson estate released a statement saying the documentary is "just another rehash of dated and discredited allegations."
"Wade Robson and James Safechuck have both testified under oath that Michael never did anything inappropriate toward them," the statement said, adding that both had filed lawsuits that have been dismissed.
Jackson in 2005 was acquitted of criminal molestation charges, which did not involve Robson or Safechuck.
Robson testified at that trial, saying he had slept in Jackson's room many times, but Jackson had never molested him. Safechuck made similar statements to investigators as a boy.
Then in 2013 Robson filed a lawsuit that said stress and trauma had forced him to face the truth that he was sexually abused by Jackson, who died in 2009. Safechuck filed a similar lawsuit the following year.
The AP does not typically identify people who say they are victims of sexual assault unless they come forward publicly, which Robson and Safechuck have done in multiple ways.
"Leaving Neverland" director and producer Dan Reed said in a statement that "It took great courage for these two men to tell their stories and I have no question about their validity."
"If there's anything we've learned during this time in our history, it's that sexual abuse is complicated, and survivors' voices need to be listened to," Reed said.
New York, Jan 7 (AP/UNB) - Lady Gaga was in tears when it was announced she won the second Globe of her career Sunday night for co-writing "Shallow" from "A Star Is Born," and she has a chance to win another honor later in the show for her acting chops.
Gaga picked up best original song — presented by Taylor Swift and Idris Elba — at the Beverly Hilton, sharing the win with co-writers Mark Ronson, Anthony Rossomando and Andrew Wyatt.
"As a woman in music it is really hard to be taken serious as a musician and as a songwriter," Gaga said onstage, adding that her co-writers "lifted me up, they supported me."
In 2016, Gaga won best actress in a miniseries or motion picture made for television for her role in FX's "American Horror Story: Hotel."
Her critically-acclaimed role in "A Star Is Born" earned her a nomination for best performance by an actress in a movie drama, pitting her against Nicole Kidman, Melissa McCarthy, Glenn Close and Rosamund Pike.
"Shallow," performed by Gaga and Bradley Cooper, earned four Grammy nominations, including song and record of the year. The track also reached platinum status and became a Top 5 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
The song, shortlisted for best original song at the 2019 Academy Awards, beat out some heavy-hitters at the Globes, including Kendrick Lamar and SZA's "All the Stars" from "Black Panther;" Dolly Parton and Linda Perry's "Girl in the Movies" from "Dumplin';" Annie Lennox's "Requiem for a Private War" from "A Private War;" and Troye Sivan and Jonsi's "Revelation" from "Boy Erased."
Justin Hurwitz picked up his third Golden Globe when he won best original score for "First Man" on Sunday. Hurwitz, an Oscar- and Grammy-winner, beat out Alexandre Desplat ("Isle of Dogs"), Marc Shaiman ("Mary Poppins Returns"), Ludwig Goransson ("Black Panther") and Marco Beltrami ("A Quiet Place").
Dhaka, Jan 5 (UNB) –Kureghor, a music band of Bangladesh, is observing its 2nd anniversary on Saturday.
The band has created a total 38 songs after starting its journey on January 5, 2017, said a press release.
The lead vocalist of the band is Tasrif khan and the other members are bass guitar: Shoron Mridul, guitar: A.I. Sabbir, flute: Yeamin Pranto, percussion: Srabon Sabbir, business Manager :Tanjeeb Khan and strategicconsultant: K M Tanbhir Siddiki.
Las Vegas, Jan 5 (AP/UNB) — Britney Spears is putting her planned Las Vegas residency on hold to focus on her father's recovery from a life-threatening illness.
The pop superstar announced Friday she is going on an indefinite work hiatus.
Her residency was scheduled to kick off in February at Park Theater at the Park MGM casino-resort.
Spears says she is dedicating her focus and energy to care for her family.
The statement announcing her decision says her father, Jamie Spears, has had a complicated recovery after becoming ill two months ago, undergoing emergency surgery and spending several days at a hospital.
Refunds for "Britney Domination" shows are available at the point of purchase.
Bill Hornbuckle, president of casino operator MGM Resorts International, says the company respects Spears' commitment to her family.