Air Conditioner Brands, Buyer Guide, Models, with Price in Bangladesh
Best Air Conditioners in Bangladesh 2021
March 12, 2021, 11:22 AM
by Nafiz Tahmid
Publish- March 12, 2021, 11:22 AM
Update- May 09, 2021, 04:21 PM
Air Conditioner Buyers' Guide
In a developing country like Bangladesh, Air Conditioner can be luxurious. But the demand for Air Conditioner is upward due to the recent temperature surge. According to research, Bangladesh had a demand of 202 thousand Air Conditioners in 2018. However, it should have increased in the past 3 years. That being said, buying an Air Conditioner can be a hassle sometimes, as you don’t know which one to buy, what features you should look at or even the size you need for your room. To reduce your hassle, we have listed 5 Air conditioners for all types of Bangladeshi households, along with the buyer guide and price.
7 Things Everyone Should Check before Buying an Air Conditioner in Bangladesh
If you have zero experience in using AC, you may not know the factors to look at while buying an Air Conditioner. That’s why we have picked some important factors that are essential to know before buying an AC.
Usually, the capacity of AC is measured in the ton. It actually defines power too. The bigger the room, the more tons of AC will be needed. However, 1 ton AC is perfect for a room smaller than 140 sq. ft. while a 140-180 sq. ft. room will need a 1.5-ton AC. A larger room than 180 sq. ft. will require a 2-ton AC. However, if you have a bigger room or space and you are not sure about the tonnage you need, you can measure the tonnage via an online AC tonnage calculator.
Nowadays, a lot of energy-efficient ACs are available. However, non-energy efficient ACs are there too, though you will not find this word in the label/ box. But you should always go for the energy-efficient one that can give you the best cooling while consuming minimum power. However, the user manual or the box or label will indicate energy efficiency. Besides, you can calculate it manually too. You will find the energy consumption rate in the box or user guide, which you can use to calculate the consumption.
Window or Split AC
Currently, you may hardly find any window AC in the market. However, window AC is way cheaper than split but split AC provides excellent air circulation. Nevertheless, you can choose any type according to your requirement.
A good air filter and dehumidification are needed to get a better air quality from your Air Conditioner. You can ask the salesman or search online for the specific AC type you are looking at.
Cooling speed depends on the thermostat, fans, and variations in the speed. Changing the cooling power will change the energy consumption too.
Nowadays, ACs come with heating features too. So, you may check this feature before buying it. If you live in the Northern part of Bangladesh, you consider choosing the multipurpose AC.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Always try to buy an easy-to-main AC, as sometimes maintenance costs may rip your pocket. Besides, easy to clean AC is also recommended.
5 Air Conditioner for all type of Bangladeshi Households
Through our extensive research and recommendation from the users, we have sorted out the 5 best Air Conditioners in Bangladesh. Without further ado, let see the details.
Sharp AH-XP13SHVE Inverter AC - 1.0 Ton – White
It comes with a powerful jet mode that delivers quick cool air to reduce the room temperature. The lock on the sensor can detect the remote’s location and automatically start sending refreshing cool air in that direction, which eventually spreads to all directions.
However, the inverter-controlled operation reduces the power consumption while blasting the quick cooling feature. It offers the 0.5-degree interval temperature changing feature. Besides, the PCI system helps to prevent any air-borne diseases, germs, viruses, molds, odors, fungus, etc.
- The powerful jet mode can reduce the room temperature by 5 degrees in 5 minutes.
- Superjet mode increases the downward airflow and boosts the fast cooling.
- Long airflow helps the cool air to travel up to 14 meters.
- Baby mode stops blowing the air in the occupants’ directions while keeping the entire room evenly cool.
- The best sleep mode automatically adjusts the room temperature according to the human biorhythm.
- The self-cleaning feature minimizes the mold growth in the AC.
- It restarts automatically if any power failure occurs.
- You can clean the AC by yourself if needed.
Sharp AH-XP13SHVE cost BDT 62,000. However, it may vary from dealer to dealer and location.
General 1.5 Ton AC ASG-18ABC-W
General 1.5 Ton AC ASG-18ABC-W is one of the powerful AC from General. However, General is well known for its durability and capability. This particular Air Conditioner offers wider and large airflow through the horizontal. Additionally, the optimum design will definitely give your room an aesthetic look. It is designed in a way that you can place it on a wall near to the ceiling. The installed DC moto offers high efficiency with low noise.
- It comes with the energy-saving operation that can reduce your electricity bill significantly.
- Reciprocating type compressor.
- Offers several power functions such as auto restart, on/ off timer, sleep mode, and turbo function.
- Provide a powerful airflow that can reach through the whole room.
- Antibacterial filter, which is washable too.
- Super wave, super quiet, and super power mode according to your need.
- It comes with a highly efficient condenser and heat exchanger, which ultimately provide protection against corrosion and dust.
- Auto swing features towards the up and down while also featured the auto shut flaps.
- Wireless remote.
- Offers Dehumidification System.
The regular price is BTD 84,000 to BDT 96,000, depending on the vendors and offers.
MIDEA 1.5-ton Split type ac NON-INVERTER low energy
The easy operation system makes it efficient for all types of users regardless of experience. Besides, it is a low-budget AC that anyone can afford. However, the ergonomic designed remote controller is considered revolutionary. The condenser cooling fan with the compressor can boost the cooling time. The diamond-cut outdoor unit comes with a T-shaped cover that makes it durable.
- It comes with 18000 BTU, which is a high-energy saver.
- Ideal for the 120-150 sq. ft. space.
- Maximum power consumption is 2750w
- A rotary compressor makes the Air Conditioner long-lasting and durable.
- Easy to use by all ages.
- 6 years compressor guaranty.
Depending on the various things, the price range is BDT 33,000 to BDT 55,500.
The integrated design protects the AC from inevitable dust and water leak. Besides, the low voltage model offers a wider working voltage. Additionally, the automatic restart feature does not cut the power supply. Therefore, the power gets resumed after any power failure. The fireproof electric box provides maximum safety to your home.
- The cold air prevention feature provides the optimum temperature in the room.
- The led display lets you understand the temperature or other feature while the room is dark.
- The comfortable sleep mode helps to get you a sound sleep.
- Energy-saving feature to diminish the electricity bill.
- It also comes with a heating feature.
- Six health filters helps to protect you from any air-related issues.
- An off-timer helps you to schedule the functioning time.
- The exterior panel is removable; therefore, you can wash it by yourself.
- The turbo cooling feature can work towards a quick cool down.
The regular price is BDT 58,500, while the promotional or discount price may vary.
Walton WSI-RIVERINE-18C [Smart] Air Conditioner - 1.5 Ton
A Bangladeshi product that offers the same features as any international Air Conditioner. It comes with the thermistor speed control technology, which provides automatic temperature control. Besides, it offers the opportunity to control the fans according to the multi-wind speed. The silent operation features a noise-free running process.
- Fast cooling features under your fingertips with a single button.
- Air can flow towards the multi-direction.
- A wide temperature ranges from 16-31 degrees Celsius gives you multiple options to set your room temperature.
- It comes with eco-friendly features with low Global Warming Potential Ratings (GWP).
- WSI-RIVERINE can save up to 60% of energy than the typical non inverter Air Conditioner.
- Works on different voltages from 140 volts to 264 volts.
Walton WSI-RIVERINE-18C priced at BDT 60,000.
Whether you are a budget buyer or have a handsome to buy an AC, you can choose any of the Air Conditioners we have mentioned above. Additionally, if you are confused about the features, you can do further research too. On the other hand, if you are a new buyer, make sure you know all the terms and understand the things you should look at