Dhaka, Mar 12 (UNB)-Robishop, has been offering 42 percent discount on a popular smartphone device, OnePlus 5T.
Customers can purchase the device with EMI facility over six months and enjoy free home delivery. The offer will continue as long as the limited stock lasts.
OnePlus 5T device comes with Qualcomm snapdragon octa-core processor, Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) operating system, 8GB RAM, optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 6.01 inches display screen, 1080 X 2160 pixels display resolution, corning gorilla glass 5 display protection, dual SIM, 3300 mAh battery, 16 MP main camera and 16 MP selfie camera.
Customers may visit robishop site (www.robishop.com.bd) for purchasing the device or to learn more about the offer.
Alternatively, robishop can be reached by dialing to its call centre: 09610-000-888.
Dhaka, Mar 12 (UNB) – Posts, Telecommunications and Information Technology Minister Mustafa Jabbar on Tuesday called upon all the internet service providers (ISPs) to ensure broadband service with a unified rate across the country.
“One country one rate should be ensured in order to spread fixed broadband internet service access the country,” said the minister while addressing a roundtable discussion organised by Telecom Reporters’ Network Bangladesh (TRNB) at a city hotel.
“If necessary, the government will provide subsidy to ensure internet with a unified rate all over the country,” said the minister adding, “But, at first you’ll have to set the rate.”
He also warned that the government will not compromise with any mobile phone operator when it comes to providing maximum services. “No excuse will be tolerated. You must ensure the best service.”
The Fifth Generation (5G) Internet will be ensured across the country within 2021-2013, Jabbar said.
The ICT minister urged both Nationwide Telecommunication Transmission Network (NTTN) operators and ISPs to find out a solution as to ensure best internet services rather than blaming each other.
TRNB President Muhammad Zahidul Islam, General Secretary Samir Kumar Dey and Summit Communication CEO Arif Al Islam, among others, joined the discussion.
San Francisco, Mar 12 (AP/UNB) — Google paid former search executive Amit Singhal $35 million in an exit package when he was reportedly forced to resign after a sexual assault investigation, according to court documents released Monday.
Details of the exit package were revealed as part of a shareholder lawsuit against the company, one that followed a published report of payouts Google made to executives accused of sexual misconduct.
The lawsuit targets the board of Google parent Alphabet, charging that its members had a duty to protect the company and its shareholders from risk and reputation damage. Instead, it says, the board agreed to pay off and otherwise support male executives facing misconduct charges — opening the company to reputational and financial damage by doing so.
Previously redacted portions of the lawsuit were made available Monday, including quotes from Alphabet board committee meetings.
One portion of the minutes showed that Singhal, a senior vice president of search who left the company in 2016, received two $15 million payments and a payment of between $5 million to $15 million as part of a separation agreement. The total payment could have been up to $45 million.
Singhal was one subject of a New York Times investigation last year that revealed Google paid Android creator Andy Rubin $90 million in a severance package after the company found allegations of sexual assault against him were credible. Rubin has denied the claims.
Singhal has also denied the claims against him, saying in a statement to the AP in 2017 that he had not been accused of harassment before and that he left Google on his own terms. Singhal did not immediately return a request for comment Monday.
But the New York Times, citing three people briefed on the incident, reported that an employee claimed Singhal groped her at an off-campus event. A Google investigation found her claims credible, according to the Times.
Previously, the Times reported Singhal was paid "millions" in an exit package. Singhal later joined Uber, but left after just five weeks. News reports at the time said he failed to tell Uber he left Google because of a sexual harassment allegation.
Google acknowledged the unredacted claims in the lawsuit Monday and said in a statement that there are "serious consequences for anyone who behaves inappropriately at Google."
"In recent years, we've made many changes to our workplace and taken an increasingly hard line on inappropriate conduct by people in positions of authority," the company said in an emailed statement.
The company was pressured to make changes by employee action last year. After news of Rubin's massive payout, tens of thousands of Google workers around the world walked out of work in November to protest the company's handling of sexual misconduct claims.
Google promised to be more forceful in handling such cases and ended mandatory arbitration in cases of sexual misconduct.
But the backlash has continued. Google Walkout organizers are still fighting the company on specific demands, and high-profile engineers have quit the company.
Last month, Google ended mandatory arbitration for all employee complaints in response to pressure from Walkout organizers.
The lawsuit, brought by shareholder James Martin, also references board minutes and emails that reportedly show Rubin was awarded $150 million in equity compensation shortly before he left the company. The suit claims Alphabet CEO Larry Page awarded the grants, and only later received board approval.
Dhaka, Mar 11 (UNB)- The local electronics and electrical manufacturer ‘Marcel’ extended the replacement guaranty period of its televisions panel to 4 years.
Earlier, customers of Marcel televisions enjoyed two years replacement guaranty on the TV panel.
As per the recent announcement of Marcel authorities, the guaranty period of the panel of Marcel 32-inch or its above sizes televisions like 39, 43, 49 and 55-inch has been extended to four years from the previous 2 two years.
The customers of Marcel brand’s 20-inch to 28-inch televisions will enjoy the previous two year’s replacement guaranty on the panel.
Marcel officials came up with the announcement at a programme at its corporate office’s conference room in the capital on Sunday.
The programme was attended by the company’s Executive Directors Eva Rezwana, Md Humayun Kabir, Aminul Islam Khan (Amin Khan), Marcel’s Head of Sales Dr Md Shakhawat Hossen and Head of Service Md Mojahidul Islam.
Dhaka, Mar 10 (UNB)- Robi-10 Minute School (www.robi10minuteschool.com) has recently organised six master-classes in six of the renowned educational institutions in the port city Chattogram.
The six master-classes were held in BGC Trust University, Asian University for Women, Enayet Bazar Mohila College, Ispahani Public School and College, Saint Placid’s School and College and Southern University. Hundreds of students from these institutions attended the master-classes.
Robi’s Chief Financial Officer, Roni Tohme, Head of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs, Shahed Alam, Vice President, Media, Communications and Sustainability, Ekram Kabir, General Manager, Sustainability, Md Towfiquzzaman Chowdhury and, Robi-10 Minute School’ Founder and CEO, Ayman Sadiq conducted the master-classes.
The master-classes included a number of sessions that emphasised on the need for skills development in order to prepare for the digital future that awaits the students. The students were appraised about Robi’s latest social awareness campaign on responsible digital lifestyle, #CommonSense.
Starting from Chattogram, the master-class sessions will tour all the eight divisions of the country shortly to disseminate the same message.
As part of the master-classes, students of the six participating educational institutions were introduced to the Robi-10 Minute School app (http://bit.ly/10MSapp).
Practical demonstrations of various unique features of the app were also demonstrated to help them get the most of out of the app.