teenage girl and her younger brother died after being electrocuted at their house at Chandpur's Shahrasti upazila on Sunday morning.
The ill-fated siblings were identified as Fahima Akter, 16, and her brother Fahim, 7.
Locals said Fahim came in contact with a live electric wire of a pump connected to a tube well near to their house. Later, his elder sister also got electrocuted while going to save him.
The impact of the electrocution left them critically injured and they were rushed to Shahrasti Upazila Health Complex where physicians pronounced them dead on arrival.
Emergency department medical officer in the upazila health complex Nusrat Jahan confirmed the deaths.