Ashraful Alam, better known as “Hero Alam”, registered a general diary (GD) last night (July 24, 2023) after he allegedly received a death threat on the phone. Hero Alam filed the GD with Hatirjheel police station around 11:30 pm, said Abdul Quadir, sub-inspector of the police station. Read: EC wants to form judicial inquiry committee to investigate attack on Hero Alam According to the GD, “Hero Alam received three calls from an unknown number, threatening to kill him. He received the first call at 9:43 pm on Monday night.” “The caller threatened that he would teach him (Hero Alam) a lesson and dump his body in the Buriganga river within seven days,” reads the GD. Hero Alam, an independent contestant of the recently concluded Dhaka-17 by-polls, was physically assaulted while leaving a polling centre in Dhaka’s Banani area on July 17. Read: Won’t join any election again under Awami League govt: Hero Alam Following the assault, Hero Alam's personal assistant filed a case at Banani police station accusing 15 to 20 unidentified individuals. Police have arrested several people in a case filed over the assault on Hero Alam.
A case has been filed against BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir and Rajshahi district BNP convener Abu Sayeed Chand for making a “death threat” against Prime Minister and AL President Sheikh Hasina. District Awami League General Secretary Shariful Islam Ramzan filed the case with Natore Police Station around 9:30pm on Monday (May 22, 2023). Abu Sayeed Chand has been made the main accused in the case. The BNP secretary general has also been accused in the case. Read more: AL files two cases against 450 BNP men over a clash in Patuakhali Top leaders of district and municipal Awami League were present. Nasir Ahmed, officer-in-charge of Natore Sadar Police Station, accepted the case. Citing BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir and Rajshahi BNP leader Abu Sayeed Chand as traitors, the plaintiff said the “threatening remarks” made by the main accused towards Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has tarnished the reputation of the country. The remarks may deteriorate the law and order situation of the country, the case statement reads. Read more: People have no interest in upcoming city polls: Fakhrul Earlier on Friday afternoon, Abu Sayeed Chand threatened the prime minister at a public rally of metropolitan and district BNP at Shibpur High School ground in Puthia Upazila of Rajshahi as part of the central program. "No more 27- or 10-point demand, just one point now – send Sheikh Hasina to the grave! We will do whatever is necessary to get Sheikh Hasina to resign,” he said. Meanwhile, a video of the threat went viral on social media, triggering a storm of protests among Awami League leaders and supporters. Read more: Calling 2018 National Election ‘fair’ in the morning, BNP changed its tune in the evening: Sajeeb Wazed A case was filed against Abu Sayeed Chand with Puthia Police Station under the Anti-Terrorism Act in this regard.
Alhaj Mohsin Milon, senior journalist and president of Benapole Press Club allegedly received a death threat over his cell phone.He filed a general diary (GD) against Zahid Hasan at Benapole Port Police Station on Sunday noon seeking security, said Mohsin Milon. Read: HC rules on forming commission to recognize armed rebellions against Bangbandhu’s killingMilon said on August 4 around 1 pm, he received a call from 01919011629 while Zahid humiliated him with appalling words.Later, journalists Nazrul Islam and Kamal Hossain tried to restrain Zahid, but he started speaking more provocatively.On August 6, Zahid posted my photo on Facebook and made derogatory remarks to defame me. Not only that, Zahid is now publicly threatening to kill me, claimed the press club president.
Film actor Zayed Khan allegedly took out a pistol and threatened to shoot fellow actor Omar Sani at the wedding event of Dhallywood actor Dipjol's son.However, denying the allegation and echoing the statement of Dipjol, Zayed Khan told UNB: "This is a piece of completely baseless news. We had normal conversations. Nothing has happened between us that could lead to such false news.”According to sources, the event occurred on Friday night at a wedding ceremony at a convention centre in the capital.Dipjol, however, denied the incident to UNB when contacted, saying, "This is completely false, baseless news. It is very unfortunate that the reports came out without verifying the truth. The reported incident did not take place at all.”Dipjol added, "Is it that easy that anyone will show up at a wedding with a pistol! Everyone was checked before entering the ceremony. I was present there the whole time and whatever has been revealed or reported about this, is totally baseless.”Earlier, it was reported that Zayed Khan misbehaved with Sani’s wife, popular actress Arifa Pervin Zaman Moushumi, and Omar Sani got furious over the issue. This incident later went out of order.Omar Sani could not be reached for any comment on the incident. Also read: Appellate Division asks Zayed, Nipun to follow Chamber Judge order
Indian authorities on Monday tightened the security for Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's and his father Salim Khan after the two allegedly received death threats. "The security for the Khan family has been beefed up in the wake of a threat letter the Khans received on Sunday," a senior officer of Mumbai Police told the local media, after he visited Salman's house this morning. In fact, Salman's father spotted the "threat letter" outside the family's house at Bandra Bandstand promenade in a posh Mumbai locality during his morning walk on Sunday. Read: Shah Rukh, Katrina test positive for Covid "You will meet the same fate as Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala," the letter stated. The popular singer was recently shot dead by assailants in the state of Punjab after the local authorities reduced his security cover. Police said they were taking the threat letter seriously as the Punjabi singer was killed by suspected members of infamous Lawrence Bishnoi gang that threatened to eliminate Salman Khan in 2018. Born as Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan in December 1965, the superstar has acted in over 80 films in his 33-year-long career. He is the third-richest Bollywood actor, with an estimated net worth of USD 360 million. Apart from playing a range of popular roles from a romantic hero to a flashy action star, Salman is also a film producer. Salman began his career in Bollywood in 1988, with a supporting role in Biwi Ho To Aisi. But his real success came a year later after his award-winning performance in romantic blockbuster Maine Pyar Kiya. Read: JK 1971: First English-Language Bangladeshi Film featuring Independence War Action thriller Karan Arjun (1995), comedy film Biwi No 1 (1999) and the family drama Hum Saath-Saath Hain (1999) were his other commercial hits. After a brief decline in his career graph in the 2000s, Salman got greater stardom in next decade by playing the lead role in action films like Dabangg (2010), Ek Tha Tiger (2012), Kick (2014) and Sultan (2016). The 55-year-old is also a television presenter and runs a charity, Being Human Foundation. But the bachelor has a dark side too -- one of his former girlfriends accused him of abusing her, and he was sentenced to five years imprisonment in 2018 for killing two black bucks, a protected antelope species, on a hunting trip. He is currently out on bail.
The husband of the woman, who was gang-raped at Sylhet’s MC College hostel in September 2020, received death threat over phone. Quamrul Ahsan, officer-in-charge of Dakkhin Surma Police Station, said a general diary was lodged by the plaintiff of the case (the woman’s husband) on April 4 as he received death threats over phone from unidentified person. Also read:MC College gang-rape:HC orders suspension of principal, hostel superintendent According to the complaint, on March 29, an unidentified man went to the house of the plaintiff. As he was not at his house at that time, the person misbehaved with his father and young brother. Later, the person made a phone call to the plaintiff and threatened to kill him. Besides, the family members of the plaintiff and his lawyer also received threats from some unknown people, added in the complaint. Gang-rape at MC College According to the case statement, a group of youths tied up the man and raped his 25-year-old wife at a dormitory of MC College on September 25, 2020. The accused started harassing the 25-year-old as his husband went to a shop in front of MC College, stopping his car. Next, they forcefully took the couple to one of the hostel buildings of the college, where they raped the woman. After police rescued the couple, the victim’s husband filed a case with Shahporan Police Station against nine people mentioning the names of six and three to four unnamed men. On September 30, the High Court formed an investigation committee to look into the incident. All of the accused gave their confessional statement under Section 164 of the Code of Criminal Procedure after they were taken to remand. On January 17, 2021, a Sylhet tribunal framed charges against all the eight accused in a case filed over the incident. The accused are Saifur Rahman, Shah Mahbubur Rahman Rony, Tarekul Islam, Arjun Laskar, Ainuddin alias Ainul, and Misbaul Islam Rajon, Rabiul Hasan, and Mahfuzur Rahman Masum. All of them are local activists of Bangladesh Chhatra League. And they are behind bars now. On December 3, 2020 police pressed charges against eight accused in the gang-rape case. Also read: Trial in MC College gang rape, extortion cases to run simultaneously: HC Indranil Bhattacharya, the investigation officer of the case, submitted the charge sheet before the court of Sylhet Metropolitan Magistrate Abul Kashem. According to police, they found the direct involvement of six people in the rape while two assisted in the crime. The accused who were directly involved in the crime were Saifur Rahman, Shah Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman Rony, Tariqul Islam Tarek, Arjun Laskar, Mohammad Ainuddin alias Ainul and Misbaul Islam Rajon. Rabiul Islam Hasan and Mahfuzur Rahman Masum were accused of assisting them. On November 30, police received the DNA report of the MC College gang-rape and found the involvement of some accused.
Nusrat Jahan, elder sister of Mosarat Jahan Munia whose body was found hanging in a Dhaka flat, has lodged a general diary after receiving death threat over mobile phone. Nusrat, 34, daughter of late Shafiqur Rahman, a freedom fighter of Monoharpur in Cumilla district and wife of Mizanur Rahman, lodged the general diary with Kotwali Police Station on Saturday. Read Also: Munia's death: HC refuses to hear Bashundhara MD's anticipatory bail plea According to the GD, Nusrat has been receiving death threat and threat to withdraw the case against Bashundhara Group MD since Wednesday over mobile phone. She received the threat from different mobile phone numbers. On April 26, police recovered the hanging body of Mosarat Jahan Munia, 21, from a flat in Dhaka’s Gulshan area. Read Five family members of Bashundhara Group MD leave country Following the recovery of her body, Nusrat Jahan filed a case under section 306 of Bangladesh Penal Code with Gulshan Police Station around the following day. In the case, Nusrat Jahan made Sayem Sobhan Anvir, managing director of Bashundhara Group, the lone accused of abetting the death of the 21-year-old college student. Read Also: Those responsible for Muniya's death to be brought to justice: Minister A Dhaka court on April 27 issued a travel ban on Bashundhara Group Managing Director Sayem Sobhan Anvir. On April 28, Sayem Sobhan Anvir filed a petition with the High Court, seeking anticipatory bail in the case. The High Court on April 29 declined to hear the anticipatory bail petition. Read Also: Young woman found dead in Gulshan; case filed against Bashundhara MD Meanwhile, five family members Anvir and their three domestic helps left the country for Dubai on a chartered flight on April 29 night. Sources at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport said the five family members include Anvir's wife Sabrina Sobhan, their two children, wife of Anvir's younger brother Yeasha Sobhan and their daughter. Three domestic helps also accompanied them. Read Muniya case: Bashundhara Group MD seeks anticipatory bail
A young man, who threatened to kill all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan on Facebook, was arrested by the Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) from Maigon in South Sunamganj on Tuesday.