Four friends at tea stall burnt as gas cylinder explodes
Publish- September 29, 2018, 11:09 PM
UNB NEWS - UNB NEWS
Dhaka, Sept 29 (UNB) - Four friends sustained burn injuries as a gas cylinder exploded at a tea stall in city’s Kafrul area on Saturday noon.
They have been identified as Abu Hena Mostafa Babu, 32, Sunny Ahmed, 27, Kamal Hossain, 30, and Polash, 30.
Quoting doctors, Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) police outpost sub-inspector (SI) Bacchu Mia said all four of the injured were taken to the DMCH Burn Unit. Two of them, Babu and Sunny, are in critical condition.
Victims’ friend Shabbir, who was with them but managed to escape relatively unhurt, said six of them (including Shabbir) were taking tea and smoking at the tea stall in the area.
According to Shabbir, the fireball was caused by one of the friends throwing away a lit cigarette in the direction of a nearby canal that somehow caught the gas cylinder at the tea-stall making it suddenly explode.