A massive fire broke out at Alamin Plywood Industries Limited factory in Magura’s Shalikha upazila.
The incident occurred on Monday morning at around 8.30 am.
No casualties were reported but a loss of Tk 95 lakh occurred, claimed factory administrative officer Ahsan Ullah.
On information, three units of the fire service brought the fire under control after two hours of effort.
Magura Fire Service Station Officer Sohag Uzzaman Zaman said the fire might have originated from an electrical short circuit and later spread to the door unit.
The exact extent of the damage can be said after an investigation.
The fire gutted 35 drums of thermic oil at the door production unit, 10 machines used for door production, 50 motors and various equipment reserved for door production, said Masood Rana, door production officer of the factory.
Shalikha Police Station officer-in-charge Hossain Al Mahbub said that he rushed to the spot with a team of police as he heard of the incident. It was initially suspected that the fire could be caused by an electrical short circuit.
A case has been filed with Shalikha police station in this regard, he said