Four members of a family suffered burn injuries in a fire caused by a leakage in a cooking gas pipeline in Narayanganj's Fatullah union in the early hours of Tuesday, officials said.
The injured have been identified as rickshaw puller Anwar Hossain, 40, his wife Rozina Akhter, 33, and their sons -- Roman, 17, and Rohan, 9.
Of them, three are being treated at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery, said Alam Hossain, senior station officer of Fatullah Fire Service Station.
The fire broke out at the family's tin-shed house before dawn due to the leakage in the cooking gas pipeline, when the four were fast asleep, he said.
On information, a fire tender was rushed to the spot to douse the flames.
SM Ayub Hossain, a resident surgeon at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery, said Anwar sustained 17% burns, Rozina 14% and Rohan 35%.
However, Roman has been released after administration of first aid.