clash over land dispute
Man killed in clash over land dispute in Narail
A 36-year-old man was killed and two others were injured in a clash between two groups of villagers over a land dispute at Beledanga village in Naragati upazila of Narail district on Monday.
The deceased was identified as Yusuf Molla, 36, son of Moniruzzaman Molla of Beledanga village in the upazila.
Abdur Rahim, officer-in-charge of Naragati Police Station, said Yusuf Molla and his cousin Ata Molla had been at loggerheads over a piece of land for a long time.
As a sequel to the enmity, Yusuf had an altercation with his cousin over the issue around 9:00am.
8 injured in BNP factional clashes over Munshiganj-3 nomination
At one stage, both groups attacked each other, leaving Yusuf, Firoz and Ashraful injured.
They were later taken to a local hospital, where doctors declared Yusuf dead.
Police are trying to arrest the attackers, said OC.
Additional police have been deployed in the area to avert further trouble.
14 days ago
20 injured in clash over land dispute in Sylhet
At least 20 people were injured in a clash between two factions of villagers over a land dispute at Kumargaon area in Sadar uapzila on Friday.
Eyewitnesses said Moyna Mia and the local mosque committee of the area had been at loggerheads over the ownership of a piece of land.
Read: 13 held over attacking Rab members in Ctg
The clash ensued following an altercation between the supporters of both the groups in the area after Juma prayers. At one stage, both the groups, equipped with local arms, attacked one another, leaving 20 injured of the two groups.
Later, the injured were taken to the nearest hospital.
On information, police went to the spot and brought the situation under control, said Nazmul Huda Khan, officer-in-Charge (OC) of Jalalabad police station.
3 years ago