Bhooth Bangla
Bhooth Bangla crosses Rs 100 crore, stays ahead as dhurandhar 2 keeps strong run
The box office battle between ‘Bhooth Bangla’ and ‘Dhurandhar: The Revenge’ remains intense, with both films continuing to draw audiences in theatres.
Akshay Kumar’s ‘Bhooth Bangla’ has crossed the Rs 100 crore mark in its second week, while Ranveer Singh-starrer ‘Dhurandhar: The Revenge’ is still performing strongly even in its sixth week.
According to Sacnilk, ‘Bhooth Bangla’ earned Rs 10.75 crore on its second Saturday from 9,266 shows. With this, the film’s total India gross reached Rs 120.10 crore, while its India nett stood at Rs 100.90 crore.
The horror-comedy had collected Rs 84.40 crore nett in its first week in India and Rs 135.45 crore globally. On its seventh day, it made Rs 5.15 crore, showing a steady trend during weekdays after a strong opening weekend.
Meanwhile, ‘Dhurandhar: The Revenge’ continues its impressive run. On its 38th day, the film collected around Rs 2.95 crore, taking its India nett total to Rs 1,127.14 crore, Sacnilk reported.
The two films also show different audience trends. ‘Dhurandhar 2’ saw high occupancy between 54 percent and 76 percent in its early days, but this has now dropped to single digits. In contrast, ‘Bhooth Bangla’ recorded weekday occupancy between 12 percent and 20 percent, with better turnout on weekends.
Earlier, Akshay Kumar said both films cater to different audiences. He described ‘Dhurandhar’ as a film for adults, while ‘Bhooth Bangla’ is aimed at families and children.
"There are different kinds of films being made. Dhurandhar is a great film, I've seen it. This (Bhoot Bangla) is a different film. Dhurandhar is an adult film, this (Bhoot Bangla) is for kids and families. When we made this film, we didn't look at what the current trend is. We rather looked at whether the story was good or not, and accordingly, we made this film. We never thought about the trend," he told PTI in an interview.
26 days ago
Bhooth Bangla to release on April 10, Akshay Kumar announces
Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar has announced that his upcoming horror-comedy film Bhooth Bangla will now be released in theatres on April 10, 2026, advancing its earlier release date.
Akshay shared the update on Instagram on Saturday, posting a short announcement teaser and confirming the new release date. The film was earlier scheduled to hit cinemas on May 15.
Bhooth Bangla marks the reunion of Akshay Kumar with filmmaker Priyadarshan after 14 years. The duo last worked together in Khatta Meetha in 2010 and have previously delivered several popular comedies, including Hera Pheri, Garam Masala, Bhool Bhulaiyaa and Bhagam Bhag.
Besides Akshay Kumar, the film stars Wamiqa Gabbi, Paresh Rawal, Tabu and Rajpal Yadav. The cast also includes veteran actor Asrani, who passed away recently.
The film is presented by Balaji Motion Pictures, a unit of Balaji Telefilms Ltd, in association with Cape of Good Films. It is produced by Akshay Kumar along with Shobha Kapoor and Ektaa R Kapoor.
Akshay Kumar and Priyadarshan are also set to collaborate on two more projects, including Haiwaan, which will feature Saif Ali Khan, and the third instalment of the Hera Pheri franchise.
With inputs from NDTV
3 months ago