5 hurt in Mohammadpur restaurant gas leakage fire
Five staffers of a restaurant named 'Nawabi Bhoj' in the city's Mohammadpur area were burnt Sunday in a fire that started from gas leakage. The injured are Md Aminul Islam, 18, Md Hridoy, 21, Md Saiful Islam, 22, Md Rabbi,22, and Md Mintu, 24. They are all currently admitted at the emergency unit of Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery. Also read: Fire breaks out at Lalbagh building The incident occurred around 4:30 pm in the restaurant's kitchen as the staffs turned on the stove to warm food, said Bipu Chowdhury, executive director of Nawabi Bhoj. "Of the injured Rabbi sufurred 35% body burn, Aminul 18%, Mithu 15% while Saiful and Hridoy 2% each," said Dr SM Ayub, Resident Medical Officer of the hospital. Also read: Sadarghat launch fire doused "Three of them are in critical condition as their trachea got burns and the other two are kept under observation for now," he added.
Ctg fire: Two sisters die of injuries
Two sisters have succumbed to the burn injuries they sustained in a fire that broke out at their flat in the Bakalia area of the port city Thursday. The deceased were Sabrina Aktar, a 23-year-old third-year honours student, and Samia Khaled, an 18-year-old second-year HSC student of Government Hazi Mohammad Mohsin College in Chattogram and daughters of Alauddin Khaled. Sabrina succumbed to her injuries on Sunday and Samia on Monday morning at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery under Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), said their father. Also read: 2 sisters burnt as building catches fire in Ctg The sisters were at first taken to Chattogram Medical College and Hospital and later shifted to DMCH as their condition deteriorated. The fire broke out on Thursday at the five-storey building in the Rahattarpul area, where they had their flat. According to fire service officials, the fire had originated from the leakage of gas from a cylinder on the fifth floor of the building followed by an explosion. Also read: Two siblings die in Ctg house fire
Mugda fire: Mother-son duo dies of burn injuries
A woman and her five-year-old child have succumbed to the burn injuries they sustained in a fire caused by cooking gas leakage in their house in city's Mugda on Monday morning. The deceased were identified as Priyanka (32) and her son Arup. While Priyanka, who received 72 percent burns, died of her injuries around 3am on Tuesday, her son with 67 percent burns died around 11pm on Monday, said Dr SM Ayub Hossain of Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery. Also read: 4 of a family burnt in Mugda fire Priyanka’s husband Sudhangshu (35), with 25 percent burns, and 55-year-old mother-in-law, with 35 percent burns, are currently undergoing treatment at the institute of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital. The fire broke out around 7.30am Monday at their ground floor apartment in Matobbor Gali of Mugda. Priyanka’s brother Palash had said that the four family members suffered burn injuries as they lit the stove in the morning unaware of the gas leakage. Also read: Rupganj rice mill fire: Two injured workers die
Moghbazar blast: 5-member probe body formed
Fire Service and Civil Defense headquarters has formed a 5-member committee to investigate the big blast in a building near Moghbazar Wireless Gate on Sunday evening. Brig Gen Md Sazzad Hussain, director general of Fire Service and Civil Defence, disclosed the information to the media after visiting the site late Sunday night. Read:Moghbazar blast: Death toll climbs to 8, fire service confirms 3 “The committee has been asked to submit a report within 7 working days,” Md Sazzad added. The fire service chief also suspected gas leakage as the most possible cause of the blast. Read: Twin blasts rock Indian Air Force base in first-ever drone attack Meanwhile, police disregarded the possibility of militant involvement behind the blast. ”Splinters would have been scattered at the scene if it were a bomb blast,"said DMP Comissioner Shafiqul Islam. Read: 1 dead, 3 injured in Boiler blast at Sitakunda shipyard Eight people were killed and 66 others injured following a big blast in a building near Moghbazar Wireless Gate on Sunday evening. However, sources within the Fire Service and Civil Defence confirmed the deaths of three people.
5 of a family hurt in Narayanganj fire
Five members of a family including a child suffered burn injuries in a fire in Fatullah area of Narayanganj early Tuesday.
Titas Gas forms body to probe if gas leakage caused N’ganj mosque blast
Titas Gas Transmission and Distribution Company Ltd has formed a 5-member committee to investigate whether gas leakage in pipelines sparked fire and subsequent AC blasts at a mosque in Narayanganj.