Construction worker electrocuted in Patuakhali
A construction worker was electrocuted to death and four others suffered injuries at Patuakhali Science and Technology University on Saturday. The deceased was identified as Shafikur Rahman, 38. The incident occurred around 10 pm when they went to the rooftop of the Climate Smart Agriculture building of the university. Also Read: Lineman electrocuted as power turned on ahead of schedule Locals said the metal rods they were moving accidentally touched the main electric line. Shafikur died after being taken to the hospital; four other workers were transferred to the burn unit of Sher-e Bangla Medical College and Hospital.
Six-year-old boy electrocuted in Chapainawabganj
A six-year-old boy was electrocuted at Chataidubi village of Islampur Union in Sadar upazila here on Friday morning. The deceased was identified as Junayed Ali, son of Raihan Ali of the Etahari area of Godagari upazila of Rajshahi district. Sajjad Hossain, officer-in-charge of Chapainawabganj Sadar Police Station, said the boy got electrocuted as he inserted an unused spoke of a van into an electric socket while playing in front of the gate of his maternal grandfather's house around 9:30am. Family members admitted the boy to Chapainawabganj Zila Hospital where doctors declared him dead, added the OC.
Kishoreganj man painting inner walls of building electrocuted to death
A 28-year-old worker was electrocuted to death while painting the inner walls of the second floor of a building in Bhairab municipality on Sunday. Shadhin Miah was from the Gachtala Ghat area of the municipality. Read: Mother, daughter electrocuted to death in Khagrachhari The mishap occurred in the evening at the Gachtala Ghat area inside a building, Bhairab Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Md Maksudul Alam said. "Shadhin came into contact with a live wire while working. He died at the scene," the OC added.
Mother, daughter electrocuted to death in Khagrachhari
A 32-year-old woman and her eight-year-old daughter were electrocuted to death in Khagrachhari's Manikchhari Saturday. Kulsum Begum and her daughter Ishrat Jahan Koli were from the Shah Nagar area of Manikchhari. The mishap occurred in the evening as Kulsum and her daughter came into contact with a live wire of an electric pole while going to a nearby field to bring their cow back home, Manikchhari Police Station Officer-in-Charge Mohammad Shahnoor Alam said. Both the mother and daughter were rushed to Manikchhari Upazila Health Complex where they were declared dead on arrival, he added. Read more: Sixth-grader electrocuted in Kurigram
HSC examinee electrocuted in Jashore
A Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examinee and his domestic animal were electrocuted to death in Jashore's Abhaynagar upazila Saturday, police said. Joy Mandal, 18, was from the village Dahar Mashiahati of Sundoli union. Read: Newlywed couple electrocuted in Keraniganj "The 18-year-old came into contact with an earthing wire of an electric pole while taking his cow for a bath. The rope the cow was tethered to got stuck with the wire," Tajul Islam, officer-in-charge (OC) of Kotwali Model Police Station, said. “As the cow tried to break free, the main wire of the pole got disconnected. Both Joy and the cow came into contact with the live wire and died at the scene," the OC added.
Newlywed couple electrocuted in Keraniganj
A newlywed couple died after being electrocuted at their house in Keraniganj upazila of Dhaka early Thursday. The couple — Ismail, 20, and his wife Kajal Akter, 18 — were residents of Atibazar Sumon Housing area under the upazila. Read more: College student electrocuted, another injured in Sherpur Mamunur Or-Rashid, officer-in-charge of Keraniganj Model Police Station, said the couple used to live in a rented house. Kajal got electrocuted when she touched a switch with a wet hand around 12 am, he said. Read more: Man, his son die from electrocution in Jamalpur Her husband Ismail was electrocuted when he tried to save his wife — leaving the duo critically injured, the OC said. The couple was rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where they succumbed to their injuries around 2 am, the police officer said.
Bus helper electrocuted in Barishal
A 25-year-old bus helper was electrocuted in front of the central bus terminal mosque in Barishal on Sunday afternoon.The deceased Sajal Fakir was the son of Jahangir Fakir of East Maijpara area of Dasar upazila of Madaripur district.Kamlesh Chandra Halder, officer-in-charge of Barisal Airport Police Station, said that a Sakura Paribahan bus got stuck due to water accumulation at the Central Bus Terminal in Nathullabad.When Sajal tried to lift the bus with a hydraulic jack, he came in contact with a live electric wire and fell unconscious. Read: Tiktoker held under DSA for making ‘derogatory remarks’ on PM, policeHe was rushed to the Barisal Sher-i Bangla Medical College Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.The body was sent to the hospital morgue. A case of unnatural death will be filed in this regard, added the OC.
Technician electrocuted at secretariat dies
A technician was electrocuted to death while repairing the intercom system of the social welfare ministry at the secretariat in Dhaka Wednesday. Mujahid Uddin, 45, was from Narayanganj. His co-worker Moniruzzaman Rony said they went to the secretariat to fix the intercom system of the ministry. The 45-year-old was electrocuted while working on a ladder in a corridor on the second floor of building No. 6. Read: College student electrocuted, another injured in Sherpur He was declared dead after being rushed to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) at 5:30pm in a critical condition, Inspector Bachchu Mia, in-charge of the DMCH Police Outpost, said. The body was kept at the hospital morgue for autopsy, he added.
Two electrocuted in Shariatpur
Two people have died from electrocution at Shidhalkura in Damudya upazila Saturday afternoon. The deceased were identified as Jahangir Bepari, son of Jahirul Haque Bepari and Farid Matbor, son of Mannan Matbor. According to the locals, Jahangir and Farid were electrocuted while they were doing electrical work at a house. Also read: Teenager electrocuted in Kurigram The victims were rushed to the Upazila Health Complex by their family members where doctors declared them dead upon arrival. Officer In-charge (OC) of Damudya Police Station Sharif Ahmed said steps will be taken once anyone lodges a complaint about the matter.
Teenager electrocuted in Kurigram
A 17-year-old teenage boy was electrocuted in Nageshwari upazila of Kurigram district on Saturday noon. The deceased was identified as Ariful Islam Raju, son of Yakub Ali Mandal, a former UP member of Telianikuti village in the Bamandanga union. Read: Plastic factory worker electrocuted in Kamrangirchar Abed Ali, a UP member of Bamandanga Union, said Raju went to unplug the connection of their electric irrigation pump near Muria High School next to his house. Suddenly, he got a massive electric shock. When the students came out of the classroom, they found him hanging with electric wire and informed his family members. Later, he died on the way to the Upazila Health Complex. Officer-in-Charge (Investigating) of Nageshwari Police Station Tasbirul Islam said that the body was handed over to the family without autopsy as there was no complaint.