A worker died of electrocution while working in a building in the city’s Ajimpur area on Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Salauddin, 28, son of Abu Mia from Kamrangirchar.
Slauddin got electrocuted while working with a drill machine in a building at China building lane in Lalbagh area around 8:30 am, said Alauddin, Salahuddin,s cousin.
He was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital in an unconscious condition where a doctor announced him dead, said inspector Md Bacchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH police outpost.
The body was sent for an autopsy, he said.
Also read: Worker dies at Sitakunda shipyard