Summer days are exhausting. During the summer season, the weather often becomes hot and humid resulting in inconvenience and dehydration. So, make sure your system stays hydrated during the summer. Eating summer fruits is the best way to do the same. Among summer fruits, watermelon can be your perfect choice to boost energy and reduce tiredness and fatigue. You can prepare tasty and healthy ice cream as well as cake recipes with watermelon. Check out some easy-to-prepare, yummy Watermelon cake and ice-cream recipes to try at home.
Is Watermelon Healthy?
Yes! Watermelon has huge health benefits. Summers become incomplete without watermelon. It is red, juicy, and one of the excellent fruits to fill you during the summer season. It is healthy and cheap and a great source of water, vitamin A and C as well.
Vitamin A is good for the eyes and also boosts immunity. Vitamin C boosts immunity as well. Besides, watermelon has Vitamin B6 and potassium. Potassium helps to maintain water balance in the body while Vitamin B6 improves immunity. Not only that Potassium also stops muscle cramps and keeps your heart healthy.
Sun causes skin damage and you prevent that by eating watermelons. Studies show that it is filled with the antioxidant lycopene which could restrain your risk of cancer and diabetes. Watermelon is great for hydration and always keeps you feeling satisfied with very few calories. To reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, you can eat sufficient watermelon.
Delectable Watermelon Ice Cream Recipe
Are you looking for a refreshing summer dessert? If yes, you must try watermelon classic ice cream at home. It is really quick, easy, and simple. It just needs 10 minutes and some simple ingredients. But it is a refreshing, flavorful, healthy treat. It helps to cool you down in an instant.
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit
- First, take a quarter sized sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Then, cut the watermelon into uniform cubes, and place it on the lined sheet pan. You need to place it in the freezer for about four hours.
- After removing watermelon from the freezer, blend it in the high-speed blender with almond milk and monk fruit.
- Make sure you blend as long as the watermelon has broken down and you have a thick, creamy consistency. If you like to enjoy it right away, serve and enjoy!
- But if you want to eat the watermelon ice cream later, you need to move it to a loaf pan. Then place it again in the freezer. But you have to remember that if you want to fill the loaf pan, you need to make two batches of ice cream.
- Finally, let it sit at room temperature for ten minutes before dipping. When it softens a bit, serve and enjoy.